Thursday, November 5, 2009

Working with the Gods

I have to distract myself from the thoughts of Allorana or I will go mad…I think I am half-there already. If not, I am making great strides at it. Maybe it is a punishment from the gods. Aimed straight at me. But not the Lemurian gods…it would have to be the Atlantean’s.

Working with the gods is not an easy path. It leads to jealousy, even among my kindred spirits, the other priests and priestesses. And it also leads to jealousy among the gods. If I work with one above the others, the others get jealous. It is a delicate balance to tread.

Imagine it.

With the peers: especially if you are at a meeting with them, there is always the risk of treason, of treachery, of possibly even death. Yes, even us loving and kind Chimu, or Children of Lemuria, can murder each other if the reason is good enough…and some think power is a good enough reason. no one is immune to power.

or, with your subjects: they get jealous of the power you hold, and want it for themselves, not realizing that they cannot hold or understand that power.

Or with other nations, other cultures, other civilizations. They took my daughter, didn’t they?

Now the gods, they are the most jealous of them all. Even the gods outside of the pantheon that you work with. The see you working with a single one, or many, and they get jealous and want you for their own—or inside of the pantheon that you are working in—and so they do whatever it takes. again, I believe that this is part of the reason that they allowed Allorana to be taken. I don’t know if it is my own gods, or some others…perhaps the Atlantean gods, or some other culture entirely.

Regardless, whoever it is, I will stop them, even if it does take my sanity, even if it takes my last breath. I will stop this. even if it sacrifices every last one of the Chimu. I will stop this, as long as my daughter is saved from them. I will not stop. Now if that is not a vow, I don’t know what is, and I will adhere to this vow, you have my word. Call me power hungry, call me vengeful, call me what you will. I am a mother determined to rescue and see my daughter safe and the world will crumble until she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shashanna and her daughter, Allorana, are characters out a free eSerial called Mu mysteries written by Cherry Dumas (www.enchantmentofthemind.com , www.cherrydumas@blogspot.com , www.twitter.com/cherrydumas , www.facebook.com/cherry.dumas