Friday, December 4, 2009

Allorana's father…

I supposed you wonder where Allorana's father is in all of this. I have yet to mention him.

Allorana knows nothing of him, other than our joining was in part to try to unite the islands of Atlantis and Lemuria, and in part to try to create a child. We succeeded on one account and we had thought that we had succeeded on the second as well.

That was the first, and only, time I had gone to Atlantis. I had lived with her father for a few months as we performed the sacred magics.

During that time, I came to care for him, he was a very charming man, strong and yet tender. A warrior, yet also not afraid to show his feelings. His feelings that I believe were stronger for me than mine were for him. For I did care for him, but I did not love him.

He wished for me to forsake my vows as a priestess and my pledges to both our people to stay with him. This I could not do. I believe I hurt him more than I intended the day I left. It was on my journey home that I found I was child…his child. I arrived back home with only a few months left to prepare for the birth.

When Allorana was born, I did send a letter to him, but I also told him that neither of us would, or could, join him. That our place was with the Lemurians. Our duty was to serve them, and that I hoped that our pledges to his people would hold, that I did not break trust with them. Nor did I intend to--I sent a letter to his king of that part as well--and that one day I hoped he could come to Lemuria to meet his daughter, for that is what he had, and I told him her name.

I had no idea this was the way that they would one day meet, that she would be taken there. I do not know if he has a part in it or not, I hope he does not…

~Shashanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shashanna and her daughter, Allorana, are characters out a free eSerial called Mu mysteries written by Cherry Dumas (www.enchantmentofthemind.com , www.cherrydumas@blogspot.com , www.twitter.com/cherrydumas , www.facebook.com/cherry.dumas